Programming at Peach City Radio
The Peach City Community Radio Society comprises a dedicated group of volunteers,
working towards the goal of establishing a full-time, broadcast radio station in Penticton.
In this exciting time, prior to obtaining a broadcast license from the CRTC, our members
are encouraged to spend time getting accustomed to the process involved in producing radio
shows (sometimes referred to as 'podcasts'). As a result, we are able to offer our future
live listeners the opportunity to experience what community radio might eventually sound like
in Penticton, on Peach City Radio.
Please take some time to browse and listen to as much of the on-demand content as you like.
Most content is available via:
- our Online Streaming Schedule, where the
current schedule is displayed graphically, and interactively to allow you to plan your Peach City Radio
- our Recently Added program listing, where programs
uploaded to the Peach City Radio archive in the past 30 days are listed in reverse
- our drop-down menu bar, which features a link directly to the program page of your
choosing in a few different categories (Community, Music, Variety, Spoken Word and
even Syndicated programs)
- our Program Directory gives online listeners an
at-a-glance look at all the programs currently available via Peach City Radio
- our Keyword Search functionality lets you
type in a word or short phrase and search our database for a topic that interests
If you are interested in producing content for Peach City Radio, and eventually our on-air
station, we require that you become a member of our Society, and attend a Radio 101 workshop.
For more information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Peach City Radio Programming Objectives
The programming generated by our volunteers which makes its way to our online stream, and eventually
will be broadcast over FM to Penticton:
- aims to serve local listeners and those on the internet through balanced, thought provoking,
entertaining, and educational material which exposes listeners to new avenues of artistic
and cultural expression, ideas, and deliberation;
- aims to provide for an audience diverse in ethnicity, culture, political, sexual and other
orientations, age, and physical and mental abilities;
- aims to provide material (spoken word, music, public affairs) which covers local, national,
and international components that have a local relevance, and may be difficult or impossible
to access elsewhere;
- will not promote material, viewpoints, or organizations that are sexist, racist, classist,
homophobic, or have as their objectives to slander, belittle, and malign groups or individuals;
- will not be created to promote an individual, group, product, or business for the purpose of
Our music programming:
- aims to aid in the development of local and Canadian talent;
- aims to reflect the diverse tastes and interests of our listeners and to expose listeners to
genres and selections not heard on other local stations.
Our news and public affairs programming:
- aims to allow for the expression of diverse opinions, and the employment of diverse information
sources and research methods. Our goal is to not take a unitary editorial stance on any given issue;
- aims to cover issues and events not traditionally covered by corporate media.
Programming will meet our requirements as set by the Canadian Radio, Television and Telecommunications
Commission (CRTC), any future license and the overall goal of creating excellent local programs for our community.