The door into the new Peach City Community Radio studio at the Cannery Trade Centre has some amazing roots.
It was a soundproof studio door at the first FM station to grace the airwaves of Penticton - CKOK - circa 1950. The door was donated to CFUZ by Glenis Shanks, nee Hohenadel, whose father Lou worked for CKOK from the 1950s to 80s. Thanks to some restoration work by the RONA Door Shop in the Cannery, and painting by Peach City Radio volunteer-of-the-year Kevin Nickerson, the old door is back in business and hanging proudly in our new digs.
The door donation was facilitated by Debra Formo, of Royal LePage Locations West Realty, a founding supporter of Peach City Radio.